I’m feeding 14-16 people tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo, and I hope to have a more intensive recipe to show for it next week… I’m not finishing off most of these recipes until I’m just about to serve them, and I certainly won’t have time to write anything up tomorrow!
But in the interim, I’ve made a few taco dressings.
One is the Teriyaki Taco dressing I made a few blog posts back, but another is a dressing made of sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: None
Rest Time: Let it meld for a few hours or overnight
Serves: I’ll find out!
Cilantro/Lime/Avocado/Sour Cream Taco Dressing
- 1 ounce cilantro, stems are fine.
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- Juice of one juicy lime
- 2 teaspoons of garlic paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt.
Place in a small but steep-sided bowl, and have at it with an immersion blender.
Reserve in fridge until use – make a day ahead for flavors to meld.
PS: my planned menu is: (Not counting snacks/appetizers)
- Vegetarian 3-bean chili with squash
- Soft shell taco bar with choices of: strip steak, tempeh, chicken strips, refried beans, taco-seasoned ground beef, shredded cheese, cabbage slaw, grape tomatoes, guacamole (I purchased this), lettuce, hearts of palm, dressings, bell pepper slivers, hot sauces, sour cream
- Potato salad with celery, onion, dill, chili powder, possibly apple
- Chocolate avocado cookies
- Banana strawberry cake (okay, that’s not remotely Mexican… eh.)
This recipe is linked up at Fiesta Friday, where this week’s co-host is: Antonia @ Zoale.com.
What a simple and delicious looking recipe. I must try it!
Do enjoy when you get the chance!
This looks so yummy! I bet it is good as a veggie dip too. Thank you for sharing with us over at Fiesta Friday! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
I have some left over, I shall certainly try that!