Contains: Paprika (nightshade). Is: Gluten-free, dairy-free, no added sugars, quick and easy, Paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan.
Going for a truly heart-healthy dressing usable both over salads, or as an addition to tacos. Fats ARE healthy. As with carbs, you have to look into WHICH ones. Avocadoes contain soluble fiber, which most people respect.
Prep Time: 15 minutes max.
Cook Time: RAW!!
Rest Time: Store refrigerated, and let flavors meet each other.
Leftovers: Probably a day or such in the fridge, because even with the lime juice, the avocado wills start to brown.
A Gluten-Free, Dairy Free & Vegan Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Juice extracted from 1.5 limes.
- The zext from 1 lime, shredded fine.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mild but smoky paprika. (I would use more, honestly….)
- Approximately 2 or so tablespoons of fresh (or frozen once when once fresh) dill leaves, stems discarded.
- A dash of salt and/or pepper, to taste.
- Fresh cilantro as desired. (Optional)
- Extra water to provide the condiment thin-ness as desired.
Combine everything together in a vessel appropriate for using a Smart Stick or perhaps a mini-blender/food processor. You can leave out the water until you know the thinness of the condiment you plan to make. Then add this to compensate. Refrigerate until use. If available, add some fresh chopped cilantro atop.
Unfortunately, I lacked fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) to scatter atop, and I think another quarter teaspoon of a mild paprika (smoked or otherwise) would have added just another level of taste to this dressing.
The dressing itself looks like (as both a friend and I agree) as Green Goddess – but it has a different taste profile.
Fiesta Friday, with Co-Host: Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
Just yum!!! Love avocados Thanks for sharing at the Meatless Monday linky!! Have a wonderful week – and Happy Valentine’s Day.
Have a great upcoming weekend!
This would be a nice dressing to try! I haven’t tried avocado dressing yet. Sounds really good and healthy! Thanks a bunch for sharing at Fiesta Friday party! I hope to see you next week.
I appreciate. Avocados are so good and tasty, would love to prep meals with them all the time.